What we do with Your Information
Your Information means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, business, or organization, such as, for example:
- your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address
- your UtiliChoice user ID and password (if applicable)
- your utility and/or supplier account, billing, and contract information
- any account-preference information you provide us
- your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating
where your computer is located on the Internet
- session data for your login session, so that our systems can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in or visiting our online services, including our website
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a supplier, utility, partner, or carrier to price, analyze, or deliver products or services to you;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of UtiliChoice, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our website(s); research and development; customer-and account administration; and to help us in our marketing efforts.
UtiliChoice uses “cookies” to store user data on your computer. We may also link information stored on your computer in cookies with user data about specific individuals stored on our servers. If you set up your web browser so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our website(s).
External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted, who take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else (if applicable);
- create strong passwords of 9 or more characters with at least one capital letter, one lowercase letter, one numeral, and one special character;
- to log off the UtiliChoice or affiliate website(s) when you are finished;
- to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus/firewall software.
Notice to European Union users
UtiliChoice’s operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) to the United States. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described herein.
Questions or comments?
Thank you for choosing UtiliChoice!